My beautiful creature,
I was happy today. Really really happy, even if we didn't see each other that much. Even if we didn't had the chance to talk.
I was happy because I saw you - happy. Chuckling. Chatting away. Smiling.
And god how beautiful that was.
I wish you could see it from my point of view. How nice, how heartwarming it is to know that even if the job sucks, even if you'd rather play with your dinosaurs... You can be this happy and carefree. Joke away.
And then I could breathe. To not worry, too. To make those 15 trips to the communal kitchen for my 15 cups of mint tea,
and striding in the beat of Pale Pale Moon
and stomping my steelcaps
and nodding my head
and shaking my butt as much as I can allow myself in that goddamn office.
Knowing that you are OK. You are content. Even if we didn't spend that much time together, that was enough - more than enough for me to maintain that happiness.
And now I have your tiny bat.
And it'll sit with me, travel with me everywhere. I wish you drew something on it, made it your own, but I can't ask for that - you have enough things to worry about. I'm happy with what I have. That's more than enough.
I'd lie if I'd say that I'm not worried at all. I am. But I'm not going to talk about it today.
We deserve to have a good day.
Just a day of not worrying.
So even if this is short, just know that I know.
And I want you to know.
And tomorrow... We rinse and repeat.